Can you believe it’s almost Halloween? I know I can’t and we all know what Halloween means … the rest of the year will be flying by us! But let’s not look ahead and let’s focus on Saturday night. While Halloween is a great night for candy and creative costumes, we must remember to be safe. For those of us driving on the roads during trick or treat hours, be aware of your surroundings and any possible little goblins that might dart out in front of you. The little ones have one thing in mind and it’s all about the candy.
Some other great safety tips from safekids.org include:
- Cross the street at corners, using traffic signals and crosswalks.
- Look left, right and left again when crossing and keep looking as you cross.
- Put electronic devices down and keep heads up and walk, don’t run, across the street.
- Teach children to make eye contact with drivers before crossing in front of them.
- Always walk on sidewalks or paths. If there are no sidewalks, walk facing traffic as far to
the left as possible. Children should walk on direct routes with the fewest street crossings.
- Watch for cars that are turning or backing up. Teach children to never dart out into the street or cross between parked cars.
Trick or Treat With an Adult
- Children under the age of 12 should not be alone at night without adult supervision. If kids are mature enough to be out without supervision, they should stick to familiar areas that are well lit and trick-or-treat in groups.
Keep Costumes Both Creative and Safe
- Decorate costumes and bags with reflective tape or stickers and, if possible, choose light colors.
- Choose face paint and makeup whenever possible instead of masks, which can obstruct a child’s vision.
- Have kids carry glow sticks or flashlights to help them see and be seen by drivers.
- When selecting a costume, make sure it is the right size to prevent trips and falls.
Happy Halloween from Fleurenasci! We hope you all have a great and SAFE night!
Yes, we even take breaks at Fleurenasci and this weekend several of us will be checking out the fabulous restaurants participating in the Taste of Acworth. Saturday, October 17, the Taste of Acworth will take place from 10 AM to 6 PM. More than 150 restaurants and businesses will participate and the proceeds will benefit local schools and charities.
There will be a kid zone featuring inflatables, quad bungee and fun games. And the food! Yes there will be delectable samples from all the best restaurants. Food samples range from $1 to $4 but admission is free to the event! And we bet there will be some beautiful foliage to see on this gorgeous fall weekend!
Parking will be available throughout town with shuttles running from McCall Primary School, Acworth Methodist Church, and Acworth First Baptist Church.
For more information, please call (770) 423-1330.
It is with great excitement that Fleurenasci is welcoming aboard another funeral home to its list of partners. This time we would like to welcome Winkenhofer Pine Ridge Funeral Home. Located at 2950 Cobb Parkway, the funeral home is part of Dignity Memorial. The funeral home has been serving Cobb and Bartow counties since 1983 and is rich with tradition.
Featuring a cemetery and funeral home, Winkenhofer Pine Ridge Funeral Home and Pine Ridge Memorial Park ensures all of its clients’ needs are met in one convenient location. They are proud also to be a member of the Dignity Memorial network of more than 1800 funeral homes. Their experienced staff serves families of all faiths, beliefs, cultures and backgrounds and offers professional counseling, planning and interment services.
Welcome Winkenhofer and thank you for your partnership with Fleurenasci.
Rain, rain… and more rain! Looking for the silver lining? Not ready for the summer flowers to disappear? We’ve got you covered! The suns’ return will bring one last round of blooms! Go ahead, grab your favorite flowers now while they are flourishing. Fleurenasci’s lay away program offers preservation and storage of your flowers for up to six months.
Have a special event happening in yours or a loved ones’ life? Thinking about how to save the flowers for a future surprise gift? Fleurenasci’s flower lay away program is the perfect solution.
Sounds too easy right? For a nominal non-refundable deposit the flowers will be preserved and stored. The non-refundable deposit of $25-$50 will be applied toward your future creation. If this interests you, simply schedule an appointment to drop off your flowers or mail using our lay away & mailing form. The instructions and lay away & mailing form can be found on our website.
Fleurenasci takes great pride in transforming your flowers into pieces that will be treasured for a lifetime. With the holidays right around the corner, now is the time to begin thinking about creating your unique keepsakes.
Contact us today and let’s get started on the best present he or she has ever received from you.